[Year 12 SofDev] The Next Study Design

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Thu Feb 7 14:24:50 EST 2013

hmmmm, just read in full, Mark's thoughts on the Study design.

Quite a few points with which I concurr maestro!

3D printing...the concept is good, how about even extending on that to include 3D production processes such as milling via CNC/NC processes and multi-axis robotics...at least the basics of some of its theory could be considered, I dont expect schools to buy expensive multi-axis robots!

Perhaps a CAD/CAM/CIM element could be considered...this surely is Software Development and is important in the manufacturing and engineering sectors yet seems absent in the SD course..but is able to be mentioned in some VET courses.

And on the subject of VET...

The Training.gov website has many Units of Competency that trainers use as a vital guide when developing their materials...perhaps a lesson could be learned from how they list the elements and performance criteria that could have potential  for course content design and delivery in the non-VET sector. I for one, like knowing rather clearly what my content needs to cover!

More thoughts as I have them...

cya later ....

Kent.

Kent Beveridge