[Year 12 SofDev] Shipping delay for SD text

Philip Feain feainp at stkevins.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 5 15:41:07 EST 2013

Hi Adrian

I was wondering if I could order 14 copies of our textbook on consignment
here to St. Kevin's College?

Cheers

Phil.

Phil Feain
Head of eLearning
Head of Information Technology
St. Kevin's College
0409 184 948

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Janson, Adrian A <
janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

>  Hi everyone,
>
>  I hope you have all had a well deserved rest!
>
>  I have unfortunately encountered an unexpected shipping delay for the
> text ‘Software Development: Core Techniques and Principles 2nd Edition’.
> I sincerely apologise as I know that many of you pre-ordered this text so
> that you could take delivery of it for the start of the 2013 school year.
> The shipment was due to arrive early January, but delays with the shipping
> company that have been beyond my control have meant that the texts are more
> likely to become available at the end of February.
>
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> I understand that this is incredibly frustrating and inconvenient for you
> (and for me too).  I have been working hard to find alternative solutions
> that will enable me to get the text to you sooner – and will continue to do
> so.****
>
> ** **
>
> As a contingency, I have produced a three chapter preview that can be
> downloaded from my website from this page:****
>

> http://www.adrianjanson.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29&Itemid=27
> ****
>
> Simply, click on the ‘add to cart’ button that is underneath the text: “*please
> click below to download the Preview Edition:”*****
>
> ** **
>
> When the shopping cart appears, enter the code: ‘preorderpreview’ and then
> click ‘update cart’.  This will make the price ‘0.00’.  Note that you will
> be required to enter your first name, last name and email address for the
> digital signing process.  ****
>

>  Please feel free to pass this link and code onto your students.  If they
> have ordered directly from me, they will get a copy of this email directly.
>  Booksellers will also have this information to pass on to students.
>
> ** **
>
> As many of you will be aware, I am giving all students who purchased the
> print and electronic version of the text a free practice exam paper.  As a
> result of this delay, I will be writing another *full exam paper with
> solutions* (which I will sell as a separate item on my website for
> $33.00) – that I will send to you *for free*.  This second exam paper may
> only be ready mid-year, but I will email you all with a download link and
> free code when it is available.****
>
> ** **
>
> Once again I sincerely apologise for the delay in the delivery of your
> text.****
>
> ** **
>
> Regards,****
>
> Adrian Janson****

> and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early
> Childhood Development.

> Authority and
> Teachers Association Inc

This email message does not represent the view of St Kevins College, is
intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be
confidential and/or copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please
notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this email. Use,
disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No representation is made that this
email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended
and is the responsibility of the recipient.