[Year 12 SofDev] Use of Stereoscopic 3D in education

Spencer, Phillip T spencer.phillip.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Oct 31 12:24:30 EST 2012

Hello everyone

I apologize for the cross posting. I have always had an interest in the use of stereoscopic 3D in education and in the last couple of years the cost of the technology has dropped and is now becoming affordable for schools.

I attended a number of sessions on stereoscopic 3D in education at the ISTE conference in San Diego in June this year and have a better understanding of the educational uses. This email is to gauge the level of interest in having a semi-informal meeting of interested teachers.

The proposed date is Tuesday, December 11th from 9.30am to 12.30pm at the Victorian Space Science Education Centre at Strathmore Secondary College. The format would be a brief presentation of my findings from ISTE, a demonstration of some of the software available and a discussion of the educational benefits of using stereoscopic 3D in education. A light morning tea would be provided.

If you are interested in attending or know of someone in your school who may be interested, or have any questions, then please contact me directly at spencer.phillip.t at edumail.vic.gov.au<mailto:spencer.phillip.t at edumail.vic.gov.au>.

Regards

Phillip Spencer
Programs & Finance

[cid:image001.png at 01CDB761.94F35C60]
Victorian Space Science Education Centre
at Strathmore Secondary College

Address: 400 Pascoe Vale Road, Strathmore VIC 3041, Australia
Phone: (03) 9379-3456
Fax: (03) 9374-3855
Web: http://www.vssec.vic.edu.au