[Year 12 SofDev] Timeliness as an effectiveness measure

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Oct 29 12:07:48 EST 2012

Hi Andrew. I think it's a question of semantics.

You could say that timeliness is a property of the information, rather than
of the system that produces it. It doesn't sound right to say a program is
timely (unless the program itself arrives when its needed) whereas if the
program were efficient it would produce information in a timely fashion.

So I'd say it still relates to speed, so it would be an efficiency issue.

2.2c - and worth every cent.

Mark Kelly - kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Secondary College, McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Phone: +613 8520 9085, Fax +613 9578 9253
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist <http://edulists.com.au/itapps/index.htm>
Visit Diigo links for ITA <http://groups.diigo.com/group/vce-info-tech> and
SD <http://groups.diigo.com/group/vce-sd>
--
My personal best for the 100 metre sprint is 11.9 metres.