[Year 12 SofDev] Exam success strategy

Kevork KROZIAN kkrozian at ringwoodsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Oct 26 13:53:59 EST 2012

Hi Folks

  I thought I would share the results of the algorithm type questions with you from the 2011 exam:

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CDB381.593DFC40]

This ties into the whole database vs files in programming tasks debate as the strategy was to improve algorithm question results.
As can be seen 3 out of 4 students scored a 0 in the second algorithm question . The average in the first question was 3.3 out of 8 ( 41%).

So, I would think students who score at the higher levels in the algorithm questions should also be the ones scoring above 40 ..........
Those who score near 100% for algorithm questions should be scoring above 45 .........

Any thoughts ?

Kevork Krozian
IT Pathways Manager
Ringwood Trade Training Facility
Tel: 0419 356 034

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of Ringwood Secondary College.