[Year 12 SofDev] Query about Internal Documentation

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri May 4 10:07:40 EST 2012

And don't add pointless comments like

' the next line adds A and B

And a module should begin with remarks to give info such as
- module name & version
- author
- date of last change
- known issues
- work still to do

On 4 May 2012 09:34, Ben Hines <b.hines at ccg.vic.edu.au> wrote:

>  Hey List!****
>
> ****
>
> Just wondering what the standards/conventions are for internal
> documentation (Comments). Are there any or do we just teach our students to
> sensibly comment sections of code with a little explanation of what the
> code is achieving. The main thing I learnt at uni was when commenting don’t
> go too overboard with explanations…****
>
> ** **
>
> Any ideas? ****
>
> ** **
>
> *Mr Ben Hines***
>
> ** **
>
> *VCE Maths/ICT Teacher*
>
> *Senior School Campus - Christian College Geelong*
>
> ((03) 52411577 (ext. 180)****
>
> ** **
>
> This e-mail is intended for the use of the named individual or entity and
> may contain confidential and privileged information. Any dissemination,
> distribution or copying by anyone other than the intended recipient of this
> e-mail is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has been received in error,
> then please notify Christian College or the author of this email
> immediately and destroy the original message. We have made every attempt to
> ensure this e-mail message is free from computer viruses however the
> attached files are provided on the basis that the user assumes all
> responsibility for use of the material transmitted. Views, opinions, etc.
> expressed reflect those of the author and not Christian College nor its
> associated companies and campuses which includes Eden Quality Services Pty
> Ltd.

> Authority and
> Teachers Association Inc

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au (don't use my Edumail account!)

An E-flat, a C, and a G go into a bar. The bartender says, "I'm sorry, but
I can't serve minors."