[Year 12 SofDev] VITTA Unit 4 Exam - MC mistake

Travis Parker Travis.Parker at beaconhills.vic.edu.au
Wed Sep 14 10:28:26 EST 2011

Again (And please excuse my ignorance as a first year SD teacher), Question 2B (Short answer) asks “Identify a method for expressing an algorithm”. The obvious answer is pseudocode, which all of my students would put. However, the solution pathway suggest that NS diagrams and flowcharts would be acceptable answers – I thought that they weren’t part of the 2011-2014 Study Design and therefore shouldn’t be accepted, even though technically correct? I would just like clarification on that one (I did teach them both NS-Diagrams and flowcharts in U2 AOS2 when they used the “Friendship algorithm” flowchart from The Big Bang theory and created a program on making friends after converting it to pseudocode).

Cheers and thanks again!

Trav