[Year 12 SofDev] MC

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Nov 22 09:32:47 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

My 2c now!

I disagree with this view - we are discussing a stack implementation in a
1-D array and in such a case, a stack will work in exactly this way.  Isn't
this the way that we all taught it?  VB.Net has an inbuilt stack data
structure and I certainly made use of it - but only after I taught my class
how to implement a stack in a 1-D array.  I am interested to hear how others
taught it - I just felt that if I used the 'stack' data structure that the
understanding of my class would have been minimal.  I first taught them how
a stack worked, then asked them to write a push and pop algorithm using a
1-D array, which we then coded - and after we had completed all of these - I
showed them the 'stack' data structure in VB.Net.

Is this what others are doing or am I way off base?

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Janson B.Sc, Dip.Ed, M.Ed
Director of ICT
Melbourne High School, Forrest Hill, South Yarra, Victoria 3141 Australia.
Phone: 03 9826 0711 International: +61 3 9826 0711
Fax: 03 9826 8767 International: +61 3 9826 8767
E-mail: janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au

Website: http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au <http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au/>

Blog: http://jansona.edublogs.org <http://jansona.edublogs.org/>