[Year 12 SofDev] SD 2011 Post Mortem -Worms

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 18 13:22:40 EST 2011

Thanks, David. It does raise the question of what "infect" means.

I take it to mean that the malware copies *itself* to the file in order to
propagate. But I always believed worms were self-contained and did not
travel as a parasite. (And I'd disagree that worms are "very similar to
viruses" in that sense. It is this distinction that separates viruses from
worms.)

This is getting to be a sticky question...

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au