[Year 12 SofDev] structural characteristics of input data

Esther Andrews ANDREWS.Esther at BSSC.EDU.AU
Sun May 22 18:24:21 EST 2011

Hi Maggie,

I was interpreting  minor structural characteristics as being string/integer/boolean data types
And that major structural charactistics would be record and file structures.
I thought dropdown lists, radio buttons and checkboxes refer to gui objects rather than input data.

Esther Andrews | Admin Systems Developer, IT and Maths Teacher
Bendigo Senior Secondary College
Box 545 | BENDIGO | Victoria  3552   Australia
B +61 3 5443 1222 | F  +61 3 5441 4548
andrews.esther at bssc.edu.au<mailto:andrews.esther at bssc.edu.au>
www.bssc.edu.au<http://www.bssc.edu.au/>
Our ROLE is to empower learners for individual, community and global leadership. We value Respect, Optimism, Learning and Environment.
________________________________
From: sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au [sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Margaret Iaquinto [iaquinto at ozemail.com.au]
Sent: Sunday, 22 May 2011 5:41 PM
To: SD List
Subject: [Year 12 SofDev] structural characteristics of input data

The Sample Exam bases a question on the major structural characteristics of input data. Yep - it's in U3O2 Key Knowledge.

What does this actually mean? I'm guessing that it refers to dropdown lists, radio buttons and checkboxes. Don't know for sure.

Also, what would be the minor structural characteristics of input data?

Need some help here.

Maggie
(ICT St Leonard's College)