[Year 12 SofDev] An knowledge-gathering idea

John Schwartz jschwartz at parade.vic.edu.au
Wed May 4 12:54:22 EST 2011

Great Idea Mark. Thanks.

John

From: Mark KELLY [mailto:kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 May 2011 12:44 PM
To: Year 12 Software Development Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: [Year 12 SofDev] An knowledge-gathering idea

Hi all.  This might go down like a paragliding pachyderm, but it
occurred to me that we're all developing new material for the new study
design. There are areas where we might feel confident and other areas
where we need input.  Some people share their ideas and knowledge, and
others don't yet feel ready to.

We have the technology to gather our resources collaboratively and help
fill in gaps where our expertise allows.

For example, this morning I was just about to start a webpage/slideshow
on debugging techniques and realised that while I have my favourite
methods there must be many others I hadn't considered.

This mailing list is great for sharing ideas, but less suited to
accumulating resources. If I made a Google Doc that everyone could see
and add to, we could end up with a jolly powerful document we could all
share.

So I did...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nPI0mJPkvZMlQaUPabUzUshZYAXnS25K5yRp
qRISgTg/edit?hl=en_GB&authkey=CNCNg8MD

I'll put my ideas in there and if you have a favourite debugging method,
feel free to add it to the list. You all have edit privileges.

Cheers
Mark

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

Want a good time? Call 0112358. Ask for Mr Fibonacci.

John Schwartz
Parade College
1436 Plenty Road
Bundoora, Victoria, 3083
Phone: 03 9468 3300
Fax: 03 9467 3937
e-mail: jschwartz at parade.vic.edu.au | web: www.parade.vic.edu.au

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. You must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Parade College on (03) 9468 3300 immediately and delete the e-mail and all copies. Parade College does not guarantee that this e-mail is virus or error free. The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. Any views expressed in this e-mail are the views of the individual sending the message, and do not necessarily reflect the views held by Parade College.