[Year 12 SofDev] DFD/UCD

Poultney, Gordon A Poultney.Gordon.A at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Mar 30 13:34:02 EST 2011

correct in this case... but the entities are external to the SYSTEM not the business.

ie it is possible for staff in the business NOT associated with the system, to provide data to and from that system.

There is an example is 'System Documentation Methods' by Judy Adams called "Andy's Autos". In this, the mechanics are drawn as an external entity that interacts with the 'Office System'.

cheers
         Gordon

Gordon Poultney
Horsham College