[Year 12 SofDev] Network diagrams and design Q

Philip Feain feainp at stkevins.vic.edu.au
Thu Mar 17 07:37:47 EST 2011

Hi Philip

To me listing functional and non-functional requirements is a good way
towards the end of an analysis to understand what features you want to
include in your designs. It helps you to understand exactly what you want
the software to involve and do. It also gives you an idea for what you can
test and even evaluate later on.

It can sound like it's design, but it's actually analysing what your needs
are.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Phil Feain
Head of IT
St. Kevin's College
Toorak

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 12:27 PM, PIKE Philip <PIKEP at bmg.vic.edu.au> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> Network diagrams aren’t specifically mentioned in the study design.
>
> ·         tools and techniques for depicting the interfaces between
> solutions, users and the network, including use cases, via the Unified
> Modelling Language (1.10)
>
> I noticed Claudia’s SRS template requested a network diagram.
>

> Are other people teaching network diagrams?
>

> I am also a little confused. Outcome one is primarily about the analysis of
> an existing system, but we are asking students to describe
>
> ·         features of functional and non-functional solution requirements
> (1.6)
>

> Isn’t this a design task rather than an analysis of the current system?
>

> Would appreciate some input.
>
> Thanks
>

> Philip Pike
>
> Director of ICT
>
> Bacchus Marsh Grammar
>
> Sth Maddingley Rd.
>
> Bacchus Marsh 3340
>
> Ph 03 53664800
>
> fax 03 53664850

This email message does not represent the view of St Kevins
College, is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are
not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email
and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction
of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is
strictly prohibited. No representation is made that this email or any
attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended
and is the responsibility of the recipient.