[Year 12 SofDev] Software development key knowledge

Matheson, Heath A Matheson.Heath.A at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Mar 16 18:13:36 EST 2011

Thanks for your reply Robert,

Once again, different resources I look at give different layers to these
devices. I like your version and I'll run with it, accept I think the
fact that NIC's "transform" data to binary contributes to them being on
layer 2.  They are not just carrying data which I think is the sole role
of layer 1.  I'm not surprised or confused, I'm very accepting that
that's the way things will always be with SD.  I just try and work out
what level of understanding you need for the exam. Hopefully some trial
questions will help us out soon.

As Mark mentioned recently, I've found that sometimes the less you know
about the technical detail of topics in this course the easier it is to
dumb down for the students.

Regarding the network diagrams in the first outcome, since Paula
suggested we could teach network topologies I am certainly going to
cover network diagrams at the same time.

Thanks again for the info.

Heath Matheson