[Year 12 SofDev] SD key knowledge

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Wed Mar 9 20:18:23 EST 2011

Hi Mark

[nice ppt btw]

Each and EVERY member of the study design panel should be able to clearly
and unequivocally, definitively  answer your question because they put it in
the study design. It did not get there by accident. All members of the panel
are responsible for the document...
Members of the panel discuss (and read) the document and have the
opportunity to clarify anything that they do not understand.
Just occasionally something gets missed ... That is why we have errata and
corrections published (and I know all about those!)

If it is not an errata the there must be a definitive answer so let¹s just
ask the panel to provide it rather than us guessing, perhaps not getting it
in the way that the panel intended  and absolutely missing what the exam
setting panel might think. We do NOT want the exam setting panel to receive
a torrent of unwarranted adverse comments.

As mature sensible professionals we should all be working towards a common
set of understandings that are generously shared (as per this list).

[btw ­ at least a dead dog does not fight you when you stick the cotton bud
in to its ears! Try doing an alive Alaskan malamute! ]

Andrew

--
Andrew Shortell

Heidelberg Teaching Unit