[Year 12 SofDev] Assessment sheet & student version of SRS

Claudia Graham claudia.graham at overnewton.vic.edu.au
Tue Mar 8 09:18:34 EST 2011

Hi Philip,

I actually put it in the SRS it give students a structure by which to write a purpose statement. Each of the dot point would be part of the purpose statement not separate dot points. I'm trying to give students a tight structure to follow so they don't waste time and/or waffle!

  *   For (target customer)
  *   Who (statement of the need or opportunity)
  *   The (product name) is a (product category)
  *   That (key benefit, compelling reason to use)
  *   Unlike ( current system)
  *   This product (advantages of new product)
This product vision model helps team members pass the elevator test -- the ability to explain the project to someone within two minutes. It comes from Geoffrey Moore's book Crossing the Chasm<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0066620023/cutterinformatco%20>.
I can send through an example if you like.

Regards
Claudia