[Year 12 SofDev] RAD, Agile

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 26 12:54:59 EST 2010

RAD and Agile seem to be missing from the new study design.

On a similar subject, when we had the Waterfall model of the SDLC as our
primary system development model, we knew certain things, e.g. lock-step
progress from phase to phase, and the evil of going backwards to a previous
step.

In the new study design the SDLC gives way to the PSM and the design gives
no rules about the management of the PSM.  It details what is done in each
step, but no clue about its nature or behaviour, its rules and philosophy.

Google gives no hint of an industry-standard understanding of PSM.  The
first hit for Problem Solving Methodology is my own vceit.com page, which
doesn't help a lot...

Are we to assume the PSM should behave like the SDLC?

Maybe since RAD and Agile are now gone, it doesn't really matter too much...

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 9578 9253