[Year 12 SofDev] Records in PHP

Laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Thu Jul 15 07:25:07 EST 2010

I was playing with an idea along the lines of

class Student{
	public $name;
	public $age;
	public $class;

	public function writeStudent(){
		$fileName = $this-> name.".csv";
		$fh = fopen($fileName, a+);
		$contents = "$this->name, $this->age, $this->class";
		fwrite($fh, $contents);
	}
}

$johnny = new Student;
$johnny->name = "Johnny";
$johnny->age = 12;
$johnny->class = "6A";
$johny->writeStudent();

$liza = new Student etc

which creates a data file for each student.

Laurie Savage
Pascoe Vale Girls College

Just recently, on Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 07:22:21PM +1000  in fact, Kevork Krozian mentioned:

Laurie Savage