[Year 12 SofDev] SAC 301 Location of Web Host

Russell Quinn QN at boxhillhs.vic.edu.au
Tue Jul 13 11:23:57 EST 2010

Hi all,
         this question was raised by some students when
discussing Adrian's Pond Scum SAC 301.  I don't have
enough network experience to give a definitive answer.

The claim was that if the web hosting was moved from
America to Australia, the uploading of pictures would be
noticeably faster.

As a physicist I can see here would be a change in performance,
but I would have thought perhaps only milliseconds or perhaps a
few seconds at most. Of course if there is a problem routing to
America one might sometimes experience a delay, but not always.

Does anyone know the truth of the matter?

TIA

Regards,

Russell Quinn