[Year 12 SofDev] Python Links and Resources

Guy Flaherty G.Flaherty at xavier.vic.edu.au
Thu Aug 19 15:49:49 EST 2010

Dear all,

With all the list activity recently, I was reminded that I think I said I would provide some links for Python resources for anyone considering using Python in SD next year. I mashed up a list of resources I use and made sure all the links work, so here they are. Hope this is not considered 'spamming' the list ;)

Also, I am considering using PyQT to teach the required GUI part of SD next year using Python, seeing as we are required to teach GUI. I would be interested to hear what anyone else using Python is/will be doing to satisfy this requirement.

Guy Flaherty
Xavier College

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Cookbook/ - ActiveState O'Reilly Python cookbook code samples
http://hetland.org/python/instant-python.php - And now for something completely different: Instant Python
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide - BeginnersGuide - PythonInfo Wiki
http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIPython - Bruce Eckel's MindView, Inc: Thinking in Python
http://diveintopython.org/ - Dive Into Python
http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/ - How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python
http://www.python.org/doc/Intros.html - Introductory Material on Python
http://wiki.python.org/moin/JonathanGardnerPyQtTutorial#head-c49ac5a5d2599f92dc9703c82938f0f4dab97bc9 - JonathanGardnerPyQtTutorial - PythonInfo Wiki
http://www.poromenos.org/tutorials/python - Learn Python in 10 minutes - Poromenos' Stuff
http://www.cs.usfca.edu/%7Eafedosov/qttut/ - PyQT Tutorial
http://pythonchallenge.com/ - The Python Challenge
http://www.turbogears.org/index.html - TurboGears: Front-to-Back Web Development
http://inventwithpython.com/ - Invent with Python
http://www.djangoproject.com/ - Django | The Web Framework
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/intro - PyQT - GUI for Python using QT

"This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the Network Manager at Xavier College. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Xavier College. Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure material in this email message is free from computer viruses or other defects, the attached files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for the use of the material transmitted."