[Year 12 SofDev] Free website space

Jack Matthews jack_m_matthews at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 19 20:44:22 EST 2008

I will check this out,

cheers Ros

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:01:10 +1000
From: ros.meadows at gmail.com
To: sofdev at edulists.com.au
Subject: Re: [Year 12 SofDev] Free website space

Hi Jack,

Have a look at http://www.000webhost.com/

You can use your own domain name or just have a
www.member.webhost000.com  type of site name (or similar not sure as I use my own domain name)

They provide 250MB webspace and 100GB bandwidth

They also have CPanel and Fantastico for easy site management (eg file
management, emails management, sql etc., and instant installation of
lots of free OS software apps such as moodle, joomla, phpBB etc.

In fact for free I don't think there is anything better as you are not
locked into a website format such as in other free web hosting sites.

Let me know how you go. I have lots of experience with fantastico and
CPanel so if you need any help reply to the offline list.

Cheers

Ros

Jack Matthews wrote:

  Hi

Does anyone know of a good place to get free website space for my
students.  I don't want advertisements or anything that would interfere
with their understanding of XHTML.  I know I can just run all this
locally but i think the student would find it more rewarding if it was
on the net.

I remember finding a good one a while ago but that was after
registering with all these other ones only to find they were not what I
was looking for.  Please, only respond if you have first hand knowledge
about the quality of the site.

Thanks

-jack

  Find great deals on eBay Net yourself a bargain_______________________________________________

http://www.edulists.com.au

http://www.vitta.org.au/vce/studies/infotech/softwaredevel3-4.html
- Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and

Teachers Association Inc

 http://www.vitta.org.au/vce/studies/infotech/softwaredevel3-4.html - Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and

 http://www.vitta.org.au   - VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association Inc