[Year 12 SofDev] The Australian - ICT Jobs Article (Apologies for Cross Posts)

Robert Mercer rmercer at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Tue Sep 16 10:06:47 EST 2008

Hello,

Here is an article I found on the weekend in the Australian on ICT jobs that might be of interest, it talks about all the positive aspects of working in ICT and the shortages in the area:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24331432-5010800,00.html

Also on that topic tomorrow night we hare holding a VCE Student and Parent Information Evening on the ICT industry. Students and parents will hear from senior ICT professionals on careers in ICT and future trends as well as course options. Teachers are of course also very welcome to attend. This event will be of importance to VCE students and their parents. Please forward the link below on to your students.
http://www.swin.edu.au/ict/vce

And don't forget about our "VCE IT Applications Day" and "VCE Software Development Day" next week on the school holidays (22 and 23 September).
http://www2.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/#visit

Regards,

Rob Mercer
ICT Outreach - Project Officer
Faculty of Information & Communication Technologies
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218
Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia

PH:  +61 3 9214 8768
FAX :+61 3 9819 0823
rmercer at swin.edu.au

-----
Swinburne University of Technology
CRICOS Provider Code: 00111D

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee. They may contain information that is privileged or protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, printing, copying or use is strictly prohibited. The University does not warrant that this e-mail and any attachments are secure and there is also a risk that it may be corrupted in transmission. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses or defects before opening them. If you have received this transmission in error, please contact us on +61 3 9214 8000 and delete it immediately from your system. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.