[Year 12 SofDev] Exam Question C9

Kevin Feely feely.kevin.k at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Nov 21 12:02:35 EST 2008

Hi Don,
snip ...

Don Morelli Optus wrote:
> Your answer is disturbing Kevin as I am not aware of teachers of SD being
> told that this is the case. I haven't seen it in any advice, and would be
> interested in knowing if others had seen this definition of where a firewall
> should go (other than being at the mentioned session). These "preferred
> answers/definitions" should be know to all in the interest of fairness.
> I would never think of putting a firewall between the modem and the internet

No neither would i, as this indicates a fundamental failure to
understand the modulaton/demodulation process of the modem.
However disturbing or not that is my understanding of advice at the
inservice mentioned.
Perhaps another observer present at the time could independantly verify
or rebut my interpretation of the advice

I guess the varacity of this will be confirmed IF segment 4 is allowed
as a acceptable answer?

regards
Kevin