[Year 12 SofDev] NS Diagrams

Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Thu Jun 12 17:23:52 EST 2008

Hello Jamie

1. NS chart does not use 'begin' 'end' - the begin is the top of the diagram, the end is the bottom
2. I have seen a number of variations on the CASE structure, yours is one of them (although the first looks more like an if..then.else situation, in which case it would be drawn differently; Also where do the variables(?) 'type of event', 'number of clowns', and 'activities' come from?)
3. Is 'calculate' a variable? if yes, then a left pointing arrow is used rather than the equal sign (= is used for comparision only)
    if no, then...?
4. and what are 'Save, print, refresh or quit' - they sound like user options, so if the intention is that these are to be displayed on a screen or something then a word such as 'display' should appear in front of this line.

Hope this helps
Robert T-A
Brighton SC