[Year 12 SofDev] VITTA PD 2008 - PHP & MySQL-Registrationsnow open

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Jan 29 14:34:08 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I have been talking to other about this very issue on the Yr7-10 list - so
apologies if I am covering ground again for some.

VITTA is committed to doing better in terms of regional PD this year.  In
the past, we have tried a few things (but not with much success) and the
costs associated with holding face to face PD can be prohibitive.

We have produced a PD calendar (that is very metro centric) - however, we
will be exploring ways in which we can deliver this PD to you.  We can
certainly do some 'vodcasts' or teleconferencing, or may make use of
technologies such as Skype.  In any case, it is something which we plan to
discuss and plan for in detail in a couple of weeks when we meet for our
planning meeting.

We are also in the process of establishing some VITTA regional branches
(through which we could deliver PD or which could provide expertise in
setting up the technology) - so anyone who is interested in being involved -
please let us know!

All the best!

Cheers,
Adrian

Adrian Janson,
VITTA President
Director of ICT,
Melbourne High School,
Forrest Hill, South Yarra 3141 Australia.
Phone: 03 9826 0711 International: +61 3 9826 0711
Fax: 03 9826 8767 International: +61 3 9826 8767
E-mail: janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Website: http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au
Blog: http://jansona.edublogs.org

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received
in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using
attachments, check them for viruses and defects.  Regardless of any loss,
damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or
not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our
liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any
representations or opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education
and Early Childhood Development.