[Year 12 SofDev] Odd exam instruction!

Andrew Shortell a.shortell at braemar.vic.edu.au
Tue Jan 29 14:22:10 EST 2008

Hi Listers

Some examiners have been known to stop reading as soon as they have
allocated full marks for a Question

Others point out that if contradictory material is there then clearly
the student has not directly answered the question as it was asked.

In IT, questions are usually phrased such that students answer a direct
question or respond to a statement so contradictory material is rare.
Far more often there is a lack of material...

Note also that if the question asks for two reasons and the student
gives three then only the first two are usually marked and if one of
them is wrong and the third is correct then bad luck....

Andrew Shortell
Braemar College