[Year 12 SofDev] SAC1

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Feb 8 12:44:55 EST 2008

Andrew,

This really highlights a difficulty for me in providing solutions to SACs.

I do like to post my SACs to the edulists and each year I receive requests
for solutions.  Ultimately, 'solutions' are going to be based on what level
of expectation you place on the students in your class.  The important thing
is that you grade each SAC in a uniform way and you (and your class) have a
clear understanding of what is expected.

The SAC solution which you are referring to is essentially an amalgam of a
number of high level responses received from students in my class.  If you
gave this SAC to your class - would you be expecting them to produce an XML
file solution in order to achieve full marks?  Absolutely not.  You should
use whatever software you have selected and require students to reproduce
the skills which you are teaching them.

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Janson,

VITTA President

Director of ICT,

Melbourne High School,

Forrest Hill, South Yarra 3141 Australia.

Phone: 03 9826 0711 International: +61 3 9826 0711

Fax: 03 9826 8767 International: +61 3 9826 8767

E-mail:  <mailto:janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au>
janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au

Website:  <http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au> http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au

Blog:  <http://jansona.edublogs.org/> http://jansona.edublogs.org

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received
in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using
attachments, check them for viruses and defects.  Regardless of any loss,
damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or
not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our
liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any
representations or opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education
and Early Childhood Development.