[Year 12 SofDev] Re: Re: Industry practice

andrew barry jagguy999 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 10:23:16 EST 2008

Hi,

No I havent received a off-topic email.
I think i dont' want an debate on why we should keep the status quo with IT.
I  thought the idea was to encourage students to undertake further IT
courses beyond of yr12, and provide with them skills so they feel they can
do it?

With declining numbers in IT courses everywhere I believe we need to argue
for change , as I have said before. If we don't initiate change then someone
will do it for us, as business adopt a school policy has threatened. I want
a programming subject to teach and another that deals with hands on with
applications eg webpages,VBA etc. Spread the other issues as components of
unit 1 and 2.

If we don't inspire kids in VCE then they dont go onto IT courses, and this
seems to be our current issue(except my classes where I have re jigged
things :).