[Year 12 SofDev] Resource flows in a DFD

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Apr 15 11:32:33 EST 2008

Nor will I be including resource flows in DFDs, or even telling kids
that non-data flows sometimes might appear.

Being bears of very little brain, they might be frightened by such
complexities  :-)

Allan Barnes wrote:
> I agree, and I guess that is where theory merges with the realities of the
> real world. You have also alluded in other emails to the fact that there are
> often no exact definition of some areas such as the SDLC for example, so I
> think some of these concepts need to be explained to students not as the one
> and only explanation but as one possible solution.
>
> I still believe that DFD's should not contain physical resources in them
> because then by definition it isn't a DFD, but that's just my opinion, but I
> do understand the difficulties and frustrations when opening up books and
> finding a variety of explanations for the one concept.
>

> Kind regards
>
> Allan Barnes, CEO
> Australian Institute of Education and Training
> P.O. Box 171
> Brunswick West 3055
> Ph: (03) 9387 2051
> FAX: (03) 9387 3470
> Mobile: 0409 428 221

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085 Fax +613 9578 9253

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

Only those who swim against the current know the current is there.