[Year 12 SofDev] Open slather internet

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed May 9 16:47:25 EST 2007

Should be posted to Off Topic List:

Charge them for all internet access.  Give them 50c per week credit so that teachers know that they should
have some for class work.  One account (Papercut) for printing and internet 10c BW, 50c colour A4, 10 Mb
download

Minimum account top up of $5.  About 20% of students pay.  Hope that this continues to develop into growing
acceptance that there is a user pays internet access cost on top of school funded essential access.
Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
mailto: admin at cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au <http://www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au/>
Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx: 9555 8617 Mb: 0431-701-028
I worry that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up something else. Lily Tomlin

  _____