[Year 12 SofDev] Pondering SD U3O2

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Wed Feb 14 15:19:56 EST 2007

Hi David,

   Very impressive !!! Looking at the blurb on the Motorola A1000 phone at http://www.motorola.com/mot/doc/1/1053_MotDoc.pdf , it boasts a full html browser whilst many other mobile devices ( take an entry level Telstra 850 - rebadged zte f850 -  offered right now with a Telstra plan running the Next G network ) run wml .  This means forms will load, but won't submit if written in html but will do so in wml with or without PHP.

Best Wishes
Kevork

>>> dgdawson at mgs.vic.edu.au 02/14/07 11:41am >>>

My Motorola A1000 mobile phone runs HTML and allows point and click on
buttons etc.. :-) hence PHP apps run perfectly - I can even do my
absentees on it. I know of at least 10 other phones now available that
do the same.
Surely no one will be disadvantaged if their apps actually run? After
all it says "coding and debugging" in the assessment doc. But the
"ethical dilemma" has me wondering. How would a calculator or contacts
list match this unless they design an interface that is very different
to what they have seen before, or perhaps login to avoid privacy issues?
David D