[Year 12 SofDev] Pondering SD U3O2

Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Tue Feb 13 18:14:38 EST 2007

Hello Mark

I think Adrain and Claudia have the right interpretation. The constraint of
producing a software module suitable for implementation on a portable
computing device is intended as a constraint on the user interface (and
perhaps other bits as listed by Claudia and Adrian) NOT on the type of
program to be written or on the programming language used. And it is this
latter point that I think Adrian is trying to make when he writes "The
program does not have to be implemented - just modeled."  - students might
be required to write a game program that can be used on, say, a Palm Pilot.
Instead of trying to come to grips with something like C as well as adapting
it to PalmOS, they might write the program using VB; it would/should have
the 'look and feel' of the Palm version but under the covers its just plain
old VB - hence it is a 'model'.

Possibly a little dated,
http://goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au/~winikoff/palm/dev.html contains a list of
PalmPilot SDKs (Software Development Kits) and some discussion which could
be of interest.

Regards
Robert T-A
Brighton SC