[Psychology] Re:

Adina Akerstein aakerste at scopus.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 25 10:45:02 EST 2005

Hi,

I teach at Mount Scopus Memorial College and we have several Unit 3/4
subjects offerred to year 11 students. They can do Psych, Biology,
Hebrew or Math Methods. They however can only do Unit 1/2  hebrew at Yr
10 (and possibly a maths- but I'm not 100% sure). Psychology is not
offerred as a unit 1/2 at Yr 10. We run a bridging course at the end of
the year for students going from Yr 10 into Unit 3/4.

The most a student can do usually are 2 Unit 3/4 subjects (in Year 11)
- although there have been one ot two exceptions.

Hope this is helpful,

Adina Akerstein

Mount Scopus Memorial College
245 Burwood Hwy
Burwood 3125

ph. (03) 9808 5722
fax. (03) 9808 9279

www. scopus.vic.edu.au

>>> kholmes at cc.sale.catholic.edu.au 24/11/2004 4:00:57 am >>>
  Hi all,

Sorry to bother you at this busy time of the year. Our school is
changing
its timetable to 4 periods a day and as VCE coordinator I have been
asked to
examine some of the policies of other schools regarding the following;

Year 10 students commencing a Unit 1 and 2 VCE study
Year 11 students completing a Unit 3/4 VCE sequence - and if Year 11
students would be allowed to complete two Unit 3/4 sequences
Whether or not Year 11 students completing a 3/4 sequence have to
complete
Unit 1 and 2 of that study in Year 10 - or can they simply pick up the
study
in Year 11.
Any policy regarding the number of Unit 3/4 studies a Year 12 student
has to
complete in their final year - for example doing 4 studies as opposed
to 5.

Any feedback on the above policies would be much appreciated although I
am
aware how busy you all are.

Cheers

Holmesy