[Opensource] Getting rid of Windows on your R61 Lenovo

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 23:08:05 EST 2009

Bravo Brett! Well done mate. You can now easily imagine how fast and slick
it runs on a Netbook (special ubuntu netbook mix). Sure it will not do
everything but hey, it does what it offers and it does this really well.
Others have pointed this out to me before. Come along with your R61 and
share your work at the LUV Saturday workshop :-)

I am delighted to read how you used Virtual Box. In a pinch you can copy or
move a VM from one computer to the next. We have a standard image that we
can now easily share with staff by just copying the file and making some
minor tweaks. Did it for a couple more staff today. It is a great teaching
tool for students and I note that it is even standard on the Dept Apple
MacBook images.

Would love to drop past and see what you are up to at Croydon SC. :-)

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au