[Opensource] Registry Cleaning Utility

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 23:52:59 EST 2009

Here is a cute, open source windows utility. I just read a favorable blog
post that just reviewed it.

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/littlecleaner/>
http://sourceforge.net/projects/littlecleaner/

> Little Registry Cleaner is an open source program designed for Microsoft's
> Windows Registry. Its purpose is to remove obsolete or unwanted items that
> build up in the registry over time in order to improve the stability and
> performance of your computer. These items may include un-needed or
> inaccurate entries left behind by incomplete uninstall routines (known as
> "Software Rot"), application program errors, and even misapplied registry
> hacks. Problems also come up when users transfer or delete files without
> realizing that dozens of Registry entries aim to the old location.

Whilst nothing beats a core operating system that is robust enough that it
doesn't need a registry, in any case .. having something like this handy to
buff up and polish the registry on my Windows XP VM sounds like a handy
tool, especially after installing / removing heaps of applications and it
decides to go belly up.

Also interested in hearing from others that have used this tool.

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au