[Opensource] OLPC in Africa

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 09:46:48 EST 2009

 Around me, Australians have been playing with their new coal-powered
technology gifts. It is sad to recall that we cried poor as we stood at the
top of the CO2 heap, literally thumbing our noses at those in Africa and the
Pacific that cried out for help at Copenhagen. Here is a more positive
story. I have been reading over the blog stories posted by Beth Santos who
is helping to deploy OLPC computers in a tiny and impoverished country in
Africa.  An extraordinary implementation is taking place in this tiny and
impoverished country, thanks to people like her.

Think you have problems with Internet, electricity, hardware, language or
just collecting a dollar for a school excursion? Think again as you cram all
that packaging to make it fit into the recycling bin.

Regards Roland

Volunteer Beth Santos and her amazing OLPC/Sugar deployment stories -- just

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au