[Opensource] Open for Education: VITTA prof learning day

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Wed Apr 1 08:50:22 EST 2009

Hi All,

Hoping you open source advocates might help spread the word...

VITTA is running a Professional Learning Day on Wed 29 April

I blogged about my involvement here:
<http://cc.com.au/2009/03/26/open-education-vitta-professional-learning-event>

Paula Christophersen, Pia Waugh, Jacinta Richardson, Mark Richardson and
myself are all presenting on a range of Open Source stuff...

Now - I know you guys are across the benefits of Open Source, so I was
thinking you might be able to help get the word out to the 'unconverted'
beyond VITTA's reach.  Especially perhaps colleagues in your school who
need to hear the story told by different voices?

Teachers from other disciplines especially welcome, as Paula and I are
putting a workshop together on the ICT VELS domain exploring how open
source tools are a great way to build ICT usage in the Disciplines and
Personal Learning strands. It will be interactive and hands on. It would
be great if there were also some Maths, Sci, English and Humanities
teachers in the room.

cheers - and Thanks!
Donna

--