[Opensource] Using Ubuntu in Schools (with Novell)

Jim Maunder techo at ruyton.vic.edu.au
Wed Sep 12 11:15:26 EST 2007

At 09:29 AM 04/09/2007, Cameron Bell wrote:
>Bravo Adam! Great work!
>Having this will certainly reduce the amount of investigation and
>playing required when getting Ubuntu up and running in schools.
>I mucked around with SUSE for a while
>the great thing about linux is you can choose one that best suits your needs.
>Adam Barbary wrote:
>>I have been trying to put together a howto for using Ubuntu Linux in school.

Just revisiting this thread (I've been trying Vista Business on a 2
year old lappy and was going to dual-boot it with a linux) and I
wondered why ppl on Novell sites would chose Ubuntu over SUSE, given
that SUSE fits into Novell networking quite easily and is free to
Novell licencees? I'm not trolling (well, maybe a little) - just
after advice/opinion from ppl with more experience and expertise than
this old hack.

curious
Jim

We have to use this Disclaimer

Views, opinions, etc. expressed reflect those of the author and not
Ruyton Girls' School

Jim Maunder
Ruyton Girls School
Melbourne, Australia