[Opensource] BBC Article - Schools warned off Microsoft

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Oct 31 09:28:05 EST 2007

To me that is (yet) another short-term temporary solution for solving
the inherent compatibility problems you are going to keep getting with
proprietary file formats. Why should you have to do this at all? Having
to install a compatibility pack at all should raise alarm bells if you
are concerned about universal access or archival data issues. There is
no doubt that the pack makes it easy - this time around, but there is a
better solution that does away with the need for any converters - open
file formats.
Cheers
Cameron