[Opensource] Usability expertise in Free/Libre/Open source Software projects

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:22:01 EST 2007

A PHD student is looking for participants in this survey about FLOSS. Sounds
interesting, you might like to pass this on.

Regards Roland

I am looking for responses from a larger number of participants who have
contributed to an open source project where usability is considered.

As a graduate student in the College of IST at Penn State University, I am
researching the role of usability expertise in Free/Libre/Open source
Software (FLOSS) projects. This includes looking at how usability issues are
handled. Responses from developers and usability engineers are essential, as
well as from other contributors, including users and user/developers.

The survey will take no longer than 15 to 20 minutes, and your responses
will help me (and others) understand how open source contributors approach
usability in FLOSS projects.

If you would like to complete the survey, please go to:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=gAODMj1MTFDFfAxhbOUXcg%3d%3d
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=gAODMj1MTFDFfAxhbOUXcg%253d%253d>

At the end of the survey you will have to option to participate later in an
interview and/or to receive the results of the survey.

You are invited to post this URL on any appropriate email list or blog.

Thanks in advance for your participation. Please feel free to contact me if
you have any questions or concerns.
Paula Bach

Paula M. Bach, PhD Candidate
http://cscl.ist.psu.edu/public/users/pbach/index.html
Computer-Supported Collaboration and Learning Lab
Penn State Human Computer Interaction Center
College of Information Sciences and Technology
The Pennsylvania State University

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au