[Opensource] The Education Show - saddle up

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Sun Jul 22 14:52:26 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 16:18 +1000, margaret.lawson at konstantkaos.net
wrote:
> A few ideas
>
> It might be ideal to put together a "mini-foss" booklet with some key
> applications and directions to download?

Yes - I think this is a great idea.  Does anyone have some time to put
this together and get it printed?  Or a couple of people want to work
together on it?

> Also, there are a bundle of white papers out there with OS case studies,
> collectively we might be able to run off a collection of these at our
> various schools?

Yes - I had a similar thought - it would be good to have copies of key
reports on FOSS in education on the stand.  I was thinking we could also
put together a CD with soft copies of the reports to give to people
who'd be interested - and perhaps put together a page to go on the linux
australia website to point people to...

Here's a few to start with:

* ePrimer on education from the UN's International Open Source Network
http://www.iosn.net/education/foss-education-primer/fossPrimer-Education.pdf

Kathryn Moyle's Reports on FOSS in Ed.
http://www.educationau.edu.au/jahia/webdav/site/myjahiasite/shared/papers/open_source.pdf
there's a couple of others I'm trying to track down links for...

* Free Software for Schools (OSV - NCOSE catalog)
 http://www.cc.com.au/files/FOSSEd_catalog_7.07.pdf
I've ordered a copy of the revised FOSS catalog from lulu.
Is it worth getting some printed locally?

* British Educational Communications and Technology Agency
 http://publications.becta.org.uk/display.cfm?resID=25908

--
donna benjamin - executive director
http://www.creativecontingencies.com/