[Offtopic] Markbook

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Oct 21 07:18:42 EST 2011

Hi Litsa,
Markbook has been depricated for Accelerus and won't be supported past this/next(?) year. Accelerus is a  much improved version. The length of time it takes to setup depends more on the timetable package you are using and how easily it exports the data for import into Accelerus. The actual program install is a doddle, it's the data install that's time consuming.
I receive a time allowance of 1 session per week and time as required when it's the "heavy season" of printing. Accelerus now has a web based interface so that Mac users no longer need to install Windows to run it (Markbook was the only reason for many Mac users needing to install Windows). The  most noticeable improvement is printing times. Accelerus can print off a complete year level of 7-8 page reports in about an hour.
It is quite robust and their helpdesk is excellent.
Cheers
Cameron