[Offtopic] You tube policy

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Sep 10 16:38:53 EST 2007

We don't have specific policy as if you try to create a policy for every
situation you would have a never-ending list.
We tell them in general terms that regardless of the site they are
uploading to or posting on, they should not have any identifying
features *including* school uniforms. School uniforms in particular can
attract the sort of people you don't want to be in contact with.
If they are using mySpace etc, they should be set to private.
I semi regularly trawl these sites for our students and if they are
identifiable I catch up with them at school (I have to do it at home as
they are blocked at school) and have a word to them. Often they are very
surprised that I know anything about it.
Cheers
Cameron