[Moodle] End of Year Course Procedure

James Poulos J.Poulos at caseygrammar.vic.edu.au
Sun Nov 22 14:29:30 EST 2009

Hi All,

                Was wondering what others do with rolling over Moodle
courses for each year, as far as some staff wanting to keep previous
versions, courses changing (eg Study Design changes), keeping records of
students' submitted work etc. As far as I can see there are 2 options I
know of:

1.       Reset each course, deleting all student enrolments etc and
reuse for following year, keeping the last backup

2.       Create a Hidden Category "2009", and move whole Moodle tree
underneath there, so it can be accessed by staff, then re-create courses
for 2010, either blank or restoring from backups and resetting

Does anyone else have any other methods, or have a preference of which
method you think is the best?

Thanks,

James

James Poulos

IT Coordinator

Casey Grammar School

J.Poulos at caseygrammar.vic.edu.au

Ph: 03 5991 0800

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments may be confidential.
If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies.
Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects.
Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by
the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the
use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected
attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of Casey Grammar School.