[Moodle] Moodle and Maze

Stephen Bloomer sbloomer at stpeters.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 11 21:11:53 EST 2009

We do not use Maze so I can't help with that, but I think the main question will be what do you want as your final result?  Does maze give you your class enrolments or is this just to identify users?

If this is for authentication then I believe the best way to go it link to Active Directory.  When a user logs in to Moodle for the first time Moodle sucks the information from Active Directory to create the account and populates all information required, username, first and last name and email address etc.  When this is set up correctly you will never have to create a new account again.  All I do is log in about once a year a do a search for people who have not logged on for more than 180 days and delete their account.  This is just to clean up old students as when students are removed from Active Directory it automatically prevents them accessing the Moodle site.

For class access we use the enrolment key system.  This is especially good at this time of the year.  Courses for junior years might not start until Jan but the VCE subjects are already looking at giving out work for the Christmas period so they can enrol their students now.

Hope that helps.

Stephen Bloomer
sbloomer at stpeters.vic.edu.au
Network Manager