[Moodle] Re: [Yr7-10it] Moodle moot..what it is and when?

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 01:24:22 EST 2009

(grin) .. I defer to the greater wisdom of Ken and Paul who correctly
pointed out that you don't actually need to trash a physical computer. In
fact, last year Ros Meadows had as much fun at our Moot building Linux
virtual machines as she had managing a Moodle sever. I'll also admit, we run
Moodle at our college on a virtual machine (small footprint Debian Linux on
Sun hardware).

Yes, with USB keys falling in price and leaping forward in capacity, they
are now a splendid option for building a VM sandpit with Virtual Box that
students can manage and take home.  :-)

Regards Roland