[Moodle] Another Moodle newbie ... using it with Primary kids

Darrel Branson branson.darrel.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Oct 27 13:51:21 EST 2008

Hi Angela,
A number of my primary schools use the district Moodle we have setup. They
use it for:
* Discussion forums on school topics eg water use
* Links to interesting websites for students
* A safe place to send IM¹s to each other
* A safe place to have student chats
* The online text assignment for reflective journals
* The choice activity for simple data collection and polls
* Embedding digital learning resources and web2.0 content
* Simple quizzes
I also have a few schools using Moodle for literature circles between
schools as a collaborative project.

As for age, we have had students as young as grade 2 using the forums to
communicate but it does work best when the students have a reasonable level
of literacy, so grade 4 and up ... but there are no hard fast rules.

Kind Regards
Darrel

Darrel Branson
Ultranet Coach
Sunraysia Mallee Schools Network
http://www.smsn.vic.edu.au
Blog http://www.smsn.vic.edu.au/ictguy
email:branson.darrel.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
skype: ictguy
Ph:50235190 Fax:50231294 Mobile: 0408 231029