[Moodle] Chat before exams

IT Department, St. Peter's College support at stpeters.vic.edu.au
Wed May 30 11:13:11 EST 2007

Sue, does your college already have an IT Tech?  Moodle is easy to setup and
very easy to maintain and should not require bringing on any extra staff.  I
change the backup tape once a week and that is it.

As for cost.  All you need is the server to put it on.  To start with, why
not try a desktop computer with a second HDD (SATA11) and a bit of extra
RAM.  Then your start up cost is nil.  Have a look at
http://portal.stpeters.vic.edu.au <http://portal.stpeters.vic.edu.au/> .  It
is basic, but set up in two days and we did not spend a single dollar.  Then
people can work with it and when it takes off you can put in a submission
for some good hardware.

Stephen Bloomer
IT Department, St. Peter's College

Email support at stpeters.vic.edu.au