[Moodle] Re: [qsite-lan_qsite_edu_au] Re: Moodle Specs

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 16:48:55 EST 2006

Although users can tinker with a baby server setup, any serious network
application needs to have decent hardware or you will have performacne
issues. Not sure of the minimum specs but 18 months ago we decided on a
hardware upgrade for one of our servers.

Our Moodle linux box also handles a suite of other Internet and network
functions (squid proxy, filtering, charging, monitoring etc .. ) and runs
Novell SUSE Linux NOS. It is an Atlos G520 server with 2 x Xenon 2.8 Ghz
processors, 2 Gb DDR-DRAM and 3 x 75 Gb 10000 SCSI drives and raid
controller .. purchased it about 18 months ago. Looks like the death star
and humms along like Yoda.

Regards Roland