[Moodle] VELS and ICT - An Attempt to Model an Ideal Working Relationship

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Sun Jul 24 22:08:53 EST 2005

Thank you Roland. Yes, suddenly having a word for something gives the
idea tremendous power.
"An Englishman, a Frenchman, a German, and an Italian cannot by any
means bring themselves to think quite alike, at least on subjects that
involve any depth of sentiment : they have not the verbal means." --
Prof. J. S. MACKENZIE.
This quote, taken from Wikipedia, is an oblique reference to what I am
driving at, however one needs to replace the four nationalities with,
for example, ICT expert, Ed Administrator, IPM teacher, IS Teacher. We
sound the same, but really speak different languages!
"Men contend themselves with the same words as other people use, as if
the very sound necessarily carried the same meaning." -- LOCKE
Ciao for now, Roland.
Keith
PS One of my better students, repeating a semester unit, hopes to spend
much of his time playing around with Gamemaker (on my suggestion). Any
advice as to good URL's would be most appreciated. I want to be able to
leave him to his own devices - he is totally trustworthy. I have NEVER
used Gamemaker.
Keith